Product Promotions – Package Products
Cloud Appointments manages product promotions using Payment Plans and Package Products.
This post describes Package Products details and uses, to see details about Payment Plans click here.
See here for information about running a publicity campaign.
Package Products are used to manage promotional offers in Cloud Appointments.
- Special Offers – offer a product at a discounted rate until an optionally specified date
- Bulk Discounts – offer a volume discount for goods and/or services
- Cross Product Promotions – offer a discount for a combination of products
To create a Package Product for a promotional offer;
- Create a Product and specify its details
- Tick the Package Product option
- Select the Package Type you require*
- Add the constituent Products contained in the Package Product
- Optionally, set the Package Product offer to expire after a certain date by setting its Expiry Date**
- Set the Customer price (Gross Price) for the Package Product
Package Product Types*
There are two types of Package Products
- Product Sale
This Package Product and its constituent products are supplied to the Customer when the Customer is invoiced.
The stock levels for the Package Product’s products are reduced when the invoice is saved.
- Customer Stock
This Package Product’s constituent products are credited to the Customer, as Customer Stock, for future use.
Stock levels for the Package Product’s products are only reduced when the invoices containing the Customer Stock Products are saved.
Product Expiry Date**
An Expiry Date can optionally be set for the Package Product.
Then if the Period Tasks, Expired Products option is enabled, Package Products with an Expiry Date before today will be set inactive and be unavailable for sale.
Package Type Examples
See the online help topic Package Products, sub-topic Package Examples.
Customer Stock products are the constituent products of a Package Product bought by a Customer.
Purchasing Customer Stock
The Package Product is invoiced in the normal way;
The consituent products in the Package Product are credited against the Customer, as Customer Stock, for use on future invoices.
The Invoice Line’s Package Product and/or Quantity can only be changed by deleting and re-inserting the Invoice Line.
A Package Product Invoice line cannot be deleted if its Customer Stock has been used in other invoices.
See below for details on Customer Stock Reporting.
Using Customer Stock
To use Customer Stock, create a Customer Invoice, with Invoice Lines, as usual.
If the Customer has Customer Stock available then a Customer Stock form tab and a ‘Use Customer Stock’ button will show;
To make use of the Customer Stock and reduce the invoice total click on the ‘Use Customer Stock’ button;
The Invoice Lines will be updated to use Customer Stock and will have;
- ‘(customer stock)’ added onto the Product description
- Their Unit Price set to zero
- Product, Quantity and Unit Price fields will be locked and unchangeable
If There Is Insufficient Customer Stock
When the ‘Use Customer Stock’ button is clicked the system will try to use any available Customer Stock for the quantity on each Invoice Line.
But there may be insufficient Customer Stock for the full invoice line quantity.
In this case the Invoice line is split into two;
- One supplied from Customer Stock with a zero Unit Price
- The remainder with the standard Product Unit Price.
Albert Ernest has Customer Stock of 2 Support Bandages;
He wants to buy 5 Support Bandages;
When the ‘Use Customer Stock‘ button is clicked the Invoice has been updated and shows;
Albert Ernest will be charged for three of the five Support Bandages and his Customer Stock with a Unit Price of zero used for the remaining two.
Customer Stock Reporting
To display a Customer’s Stock, click on one of the following;
- Customer Dashboard, Stock button in the dashboard header
- Top menu option Customers, side-menu option Stock
- The Customer Stock tab when creating or editing an Invoice for a Customer with Customer Stock
This shows the Customer Stock display from top menu option Customers, side-menu option Stock;
Click on the down chevron button to expand a section and show the purchases and sales details of the Product;
To access the ‘Daily Takings – Customer Stock’ report; click on top menu option Reports, side menu option Daily Takings, Customer Stock.
This report shows Package Products sold and their constituent Products details for a specified date range;
This report can also be output in CSV or PDF format by clicking on the button in the report header and choosing a sub-option.